Now that I’ve lived in Orlando for three months, I think I’m qualified to be called a “Professional Disney World Vacationer” (or P.D.W.V.? haha). So I’d like to share some things that I’ve learned that will help make your next Disney vacation less stressful and more enjoyable!
- First of all, MyMagic+ is the BEST! Definitely register your tickets and make all your reservations in advance, especially for Magic Kingdom. You can always change them later if you wish.
- If you’re in the park and you really want a specific fastpass, keep checking the MyMagic. People are constantly canceling them, and chances are one will open up.
3. MyMagic+ can also be used to make reservations at any of the resort restaurants! This is a great way to get in and see the resort attractions. And try to get there early, but there is a 15 minute grace period for latecomers.
Animal Kingdom Resort’s Sanaa was my favorite to visit. They have great food, a beautiful savannah enclosure, and a really nice, unguarded pool.
4. It’s always a good idea to bring your bathing suits to the resorts, just in case. 😉
5. SUPER AMAZING TIP ALERT: If you’re going to Hollywood Studios or Epcot, try parking at the Boardwalk or the Yacht and Beach resort. You can take the boats there to either park, and not have to deal with trams, the monorail, or heavy traffic! IT’S AMAZING! And again, it’s nice to see the surroundings…
I don’t know if there are any rules against this, but it was always really easy for me to do. The resorts don’t have parking passes, so there’s no way to tell who’s who. All I would tell the guard is that I was going to the Boardwalk or checking out the resort, and sometimes I had restaurants reservations. Maybe in a few years this will change, but right now it’s super easy.
6.SUPER AMAZING TIP ALERT #2: If you’re going to Magic Kingdom or Epcot, try parking at the Polynesian Resort and taking the monorail from there.
8. Bring a poncho, even if it’s hot outside! It pours in Orlando almost everyday, and it’s freezing indoors.
9. If you lose something go to guest services! They are so excellent! I lost my ticket once in the park, and 20 minutes later I got it back at guest services. They are always located near the main entrance to the park.
10. The single rider lines for Rockin’ Roller Coaster and Test track are a lot faster, and you may still be seated with your buddy.
11. There’s a great picture spot at the Magic Kingdom entrance train station. When I took the picture below, it seemed like a pretty quiet spot. It was nice to just sit on the benches and take in the view. When you’re done, you can always take the train to Frontierland.
12. Ask the Disney photographers to take pictures of your group with your own camera. You’ll get some good quality pictures for free.
13. Ask cast members anything. They’re pretty fun to talk to, just choose the ones that aren’t busy. They’ll love it.
Please let me know your thoughts, or share your Disney vacationing tips in the comments! 😉
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed please let me know! like, share, subscribe.